Occupy UAL: Demands
NO CUTS TO FOUNDATION
- No cuts to student places
- No staff redundancies
- UAL should use its weight as a large arts instituition to lobby the govt. against the FE cuts
NO TO INSTITUTIONAL RACISM
- Stop the £500k Widening Participation cuts
- Liberate the curriculum (we want more black artists, theorists and lecturers)
- Implement anonymous marking – Mark our work, not our names!
DEMOCRATISE THE UNIVERSITY
- Financial transparency, what is going on with budgets and how are they allocated.
- Student and staff reps to sit on the Executive Board
- Fair pay for all staff, including outsourced staff – close huge the pay gap
- No nepotism
- Take a stand against tuition fees, cuts and student debt
- Abolish materials and printing costs
- No to privitisation
- Affordable accomodation
- WE’RE AN ART SCHOOL, NOT A BUSINESS!
WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTEST
- No sanctions or punishments for students & staff involved in this peaceful occupation
- Freedom to move in and out of the occupation